Allotment Countdown T-1

Just heard from the Allotment Secretary.

She is hoping to be able to sign me up tomorrow afternoon, and either have a key ready for me then, or get one cut later that day.

I know I have been very lucky to get an allotment in five weeks compared to some other folk who have had to wait for years and fight bureaurocracy all the way.

It still seems like it has been ages since I first went down to have a look.

I have made so many plans over the past few weeks, re-made them, scrapped them all and started again over and over. I'm still not sure which quarter the other new plot holder is going to take, but to be honest I don't really care any more.

I just want to get down there and get started clearing so I can see what I have let myself in for

I have come around to the idea of having a pond after having so much trouble with snails and slugs at home, so the idea of a few friendly frogs and toads patrolling the allotment while I'm not there kind of appeals to me

I am hoping that this terrible weather will clear just a bit to allow me to start strimming on Sunday - is it OK to strim when it is wet? I know that digging wet ground is a big no-no, but it should be OK to strim, surely?

I have booked two days off work on Monday and Tuesday (which just happens to coincide with my birthday as well - bit of fortuitous planning there) so I have a three day long window in which to get it done.

Wish me luck - I think I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment