Planting Calendar

As a relatively new gardener, one of the most difficult things for me has been knowing when I can plant my seeds, and whether they need to be started off inside, or if they can go straight out into the ground outside.

All the information I need is contained in the many gardening books that I have bought or been given over the past few years, but digging them all out to cross reference and look up every seed before I can get round to actually sowing anything has always led to me delaying my sowing way past the optimum planting times.

I decided that rather than end up planting things too late again like I did last year I would do the hard work and collate all the information into the same place, so I spent most of last weekend creating a Planting Calendar in Excel.

[URL="https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzlq-b8-KZuiTXRLbGFEcHd1MlE/edit?usp=sharing"]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bzlq-b8-KZuiTXRLbGFEcHd1MlE/edit?usp=sharing[/URL]

The calendar shows which seeds can be sown each month.  You need to scroll down to the third page (the ones in colour) to see the calendar.

It shows which seeds need planting indoors, outdoors, outdoors but undercover and even when to plant out the seedlings originally sown indoors.

Please have a look at the file on the link above and let me know what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment