More Goodies for the Allotment

Last Friday I ventured out in the pouring rain to have a look at a plant Nursery near to where I work.

It was a tiny thing, round the back of a row of terraced houses but with an amazingly wide range of veggie plants for sale - lots more variety than I have found with the big boys.

I went with a list, unfortunately some had sold out but I still managed to come away with quite a haul.

6 x Calabrese 'Marathon'
6 x Purple Sprouting Broccoli (these did fantastically well for me last year, so I decided to have another try)
6 x Beetroot 'Boltardy' (not so good with these last year - never did manage to get one much more than a couple of inches across)
6 x Climbing French Bean 'Blue Lake Stringless'
6 x Onion 'Red Baron'
6 x Onion 'Rjinsburger 5'
6 x Viola
1 x Nasturtium 'Empress of India'
1 x Tomato 'Golden Gem'
1 x Tomato 'Little Sun'
1 x Chilli 'Jalapeno'
1 x Sweet Genovese Basil
1 x Coriander 'Calypso'
Garden table groaning with the weight of seedlings just waiting for a home at the allotment

I had a boot full of goodies - and the cost?  Only £16.25 !!

The owner was really helpful, recommending alternatives to things on my list that were out of stock.

If you are ever in South Manchester I can recommend the Chorlton Nursery

http://www.chorltonnursery.com/

All I have to do now is keep them alive and well until I can get my first bed set up on my allotment - hopefully within a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment