Best Laid Plans ....

It's time to dig over my raised bed today - if it stops raining for long enough, that is!

I want to get a couple of rows of peas, chard and some spinach down.  I might even look at putting in a few sweetcorn, even though last year's attempt to grow the 'trinity' of sweetcorn, squash and beans failed miserably.

The potatoes in the growing bags need what will probably be their final earthing up as they are almost at the top, but the ones in the old washing basket (much better to recycle it than throw it away) will take a bit longer as the basket is much taller.

I am going to try planting some kale in containers this year - never tried it before so that should be interesting.
The monster
It is also time to harvest some rhubarb - the plant is becoming a bit of a monster, and I believe that harvesting will cause it to have a growth spurt - we will see about that :) 

I could do with a couple of kilos to make some rhubarb wine this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment