Potato Update

It has been absolutely ages since I got a chance to update my blog, for which I apologise.

Things have not stood still either at home or at the plot, so I wanted to share the progress of the potatoes with you.


Anya Sprouting in a bucket



If you remember, I started off two varieties, Anya and Maris Piper, both in buckets and also straight into the ground.




The first to show were the Anya in the bucket, just a couple out of the five tubers in each of three buckets.




More Anya - in the ground this time


 


 

A matter of days behind were the Anya planted straight into the ground in bed 7 which started to show, but slightly more vigorously.










And in buckets

Maris Piper in the ground




The Maris Piper were about five days behind, but had soon caught up both on the ground and in the buckets.





When the rest of the seed potatoes had got chits large enough for them to be planted out I took them down to the plot and placed them inside my poly tunnel.


Pentland Javelin in front, Bambino behind


Casablanca on the left, Salad Blue to the right


I planted out one row of each into the raised bed where the Anya and Maris Piper are growing, and I also planted up two buckets of each to set out on the plot with the other buckets.

I also planted a potato bag each of Casablanca and Pentland Javelin inside the polytunnel to see if there is any difference in growth rates between those outside and inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment